Get your child off to a great start in learning! Great Start Preschool offers early education for children age 4.
This program provides free 2-1/2 hour preschool classes, five days a week for children who meet the following criteria.
Information in Spanish
Preescholar Great Start 2016-2017
- Your child must be 4 years old by September 1, 2016, and not age-eligible for kindergarten.
- Your child must live within the attendance boundary of one of the following elementary schools: Forest, Lakeview, Meadow Lake, Neill, Noble, Northport or Sonnesyn. If your child attends daycare, it must also be within your elementary boundary. Children cannot attend a Great Start class at a school outside their home elementary boundary.
- Your household must be eligible for free or reduced price lunch and/or the child must be an English Language learner. A household is described as all related and unrelated people sharing a home and/or expenses.
- Completed registration form
- $25.00 Registration Fee (checks payable to District 281)
- Child's birth certificate or passport
- Proof of residence (driver's license, utility bill or rental agreement)
- Proof of income for each adult in the household (2 current pay stubs or 2015 tax statement)
- Immunization Record - children cannot attend school unless shots are up to date
- An Early Childhood Screening for your child must be completed before you can register. Please call 763-504-4180 for an appointment if your child has not been screened. Spanish speaking families can call 763-504-7680 for assistance. If your child was screened in a school district other than Robbinsdale Area Schools, please bring a copy of it for our files
Important to Note:
- Busing is offered to children living outside the elementary walking zones of Lakeview, Neill, Meadow Lake and Sonnesyn Elementary schools. Children living inside the walking zone must be dropped off and picked up on time each day.
- Children living in the boundaries of Forest, Noble and Northport Elementary schools will all receive busing due to the fact that their Great Start classes will be held at schools other than their home elementary.
Ready for Kindergarten = Ready for Success.
Great Start Preschool Office
New Hope Learning Center
8301 47th Avenue North
New Hope, MN 55428
2016-2017 Great Start Registration Form
New Hope Learning Center
(serving Forest and Meadow Lake students)
8301 47th Avenue North, New Hope
Lakeview Elementary School
(serving both Lakeview and Northport students)
4110 Lake Drive North, Robbinsdale
Meadow Lake Elementary School
(serving Meadow Lake students)
8525 62nd Avenue North, New Hope
Neill Elementary School
(serving both Neill and Noble students)
6600 Medicine Lake Road, Crystal
Sonnesyn Elementary School
(serving Sonnesyn students
3421 Boone Ave N, New Hope
Monica Potter, Ed.D.
Program Director, Early Childhood