Adventure Club - School Age Child Care
Adventure Club, the child care program of Robbinsdale Area Schools opens at 6:30 am until school start time and school release time until 6:00 pm on regular school days. All students in Kindergarten through fifth grade are welcome. Adventure Club welcomes students and families of all abilities and will provide reasonable accommodation to aid in the success of students within our program.
Adventure Club partners with county daycare financial assistance (CCAP) In Hennepin county. Please call 612-348-5937 to see if you qualify.
Update: January 2022-Due to the wide spread of Covid-19 in our community at this time, if school closes due to COLD, Adventure Club will also be closed for the day
Please see the school child care update Jan 18 - Jan 21 letter that was shared with Adventure Club/Early Adventures and Basement families.
Adventure Club is open many days that school is closed. Registration for these days is separate from your regular schedule, so that families may select Non-School Days (NSDs) based on their individual needs. If you need only non-school days, you have to submit a drop-in contact and add NSD that way. NSD locations may vary.
You may select the location and days that are just right for your family. The deadline for registration is 15 days prior to a NSD or 15 days prior to the first day of a block of days such as Winter or Spring Break.
FAIR at Pilgrim Lane
Robbinsdale Spanish Immersion Elementary
Zachary Lane Elementary
The fee for each NSD is $39 per child and will be invoiced with your regular fees. Registration after this deadline will be billed at a higher rate of $49, pending availability. Cancellations after the registration deadline will not be issued a refund or credit.
Deadlines for NSD: The deadline for registration is 15 days prior to each NSD or the first day of a block of days such as Winter or Spring Break
Adventure Club is closed on the following days: 1/14, 1/17, 2/18, 2/21, 4/15, 4/18 and 5/30.
Adventure Club Program Mission
Adventure Club is committed to providing safe, fun and enriching experiences in a respectful and nurturing environment. We teach life long learning skills to all children and youth during out of school time as a division of the Robbinsdale Area Schools Community Education department.
Adventure Club Goals
- Provide the opportunities for children and youth to succeed socially and academically through collaboration and new experiences with school and community resources.
- Provide a secure and inclusive environment in which all children and youth may feel safe and respected as they try new experiences and explore the world around them.
- Provide opportunities from which children can learn to make choices that contribute to their positive growth and development into lifelong learners and respectful, responsible young adults.
- Support families by providing information on the community resources that are available to them.
- Encourage all children to be civic minded and involved in their community.
- Enable all children and youth to be with dedicated care providers skilled in supporting children to have fun, enjoy being with friends and family, and to build cooperative relationships.